We are learning...
- we are sharing with the class what we think is fair and unfair and learning how to resolve an unfair situation.
- how to take turns, share and negotiate
- about the journeys pirates make and reading Pirate Pete, In the Night Pirates and Noah's Ark.
- how to use musical instruments in different ways.
- counting and recognising numbers to 20 and matching quantities to numbers. Finding one more or less than a number and explaining how we got the answer.
- measuring weight, naming and describing flat/solid shapes and describing repeating patterns.
- how to write our whole names, labels, captions, sentences and forming letters correctly.
- recapping Phase 2/3 sounds (s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d, g, o, c, k, ck, e, u, r, h, b, f, ff, l,ll, ss, j, v, w, x, y, z, zz, qu, ch, sh, th, ng, ai, ee, oa, igh, oo) and how to use these sounds to read and write. Also introducing er, air, ear, ur, ure.
Mr Thorne's phonic website This website will help to support your child in learning his/her letter sounds.
Please bring any work, items, photos, leaflets or anything you want to share with us and stick in your child's Special Book.