We are learning...
- we are sharing with the class what are good at and how to get better at our goals
- how to take turns, share and negotiate
- about the journeys different characters go on in Traditional Tales such as Goldilocks, The Gingerbread Man and The Three Little Pigs.
- how to use musical instruments in different ways.
- counting and recognising numbers to 20 and matching quantities to numbers. Finding one more or less than a number and explaining how we got the answer.
- measuring weight, naming and describing flat/solid shapes and describing repeating patterns.
- how to write our names, labels and hold a pencil correctly.
- recapping Phase 2/3 sounds (s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d, g, o, c, k, ck, e, u, r, h, b, f, ff, l,ll, ss, j, v, w, x, y, z, zz, qu, ch, sh, th, ng) and how to use these sounds to read and write. Also introducing ai, ee, oa, igh and oo .
Mr Thorne's phonic website This will help to support your child in learning his'her letter sounds
As you are all aware, learning to read is a crucial part of your child's education. Please can you listen to your child read every day as this really does make a difference. Remember bedtime stories are so important. It is a lovely time for both you and your child and helps develop a love of books.
Please bring in any pictures or other work your child may have done at home and stick them in his/her Special Book.